Sponsor a Child
While we fill our casts for every show, AJT receives countless inquiries from families who see the value of performing arts but cannot afford to enroll their children. Many families are struggling in this challenging economy just to make ends meet and they do not have the disposable income necessary to put towards arts education. And what’s more, as a result of the economic downturn, the United States is experiencing the biggest school funding crisis in modern history and cutting arts curriculum first. Families are turning to extra-curricular arts experiences, but access is limited to those with disposable income. We believe that every child with a will to perform should have the access to do so, and we refuse to turn families away for monetary reasons.
Your donations have a huge effect on the life of a child. And we have so many opportunities to help kids experience the magic of the arts.
Arts for kids funded by corporate, foundation and individual donors provides scholarships for economically disadvantaged youth. People like you can make a difference in the lives of children by giving even a small tax-refundable donation to AJT.
Here’s what your donation to Asheville Junior Theater will do:
- $100 allows four kids the opportunity to experience firsthand one of AJT’s magical shows.
- $225 allows one child between the ages of 4-7 the opportunity to join our Mini Company and get exposed to the basics of acting, singing and dancing with an amazing instructor in a class of their peers.
- $325 allows one child, ages 8-18, to attend one of AJT’s week-long themed summer camps where they learn from experts in the arts and get to perform a mini show at the end of the week for their parents.
- $475 allows one child entry into our Main Company, which is a chance to be in our big show where industry professionals and dedicated directors teach them how to bring a show to life on the big stage in front of thousands of people.
- $950 allows two children the opportunity to join our cast.