AJT's Spring Show - Frozen Jr.
Disney’s worldwide phenomenon is taking Broadway Junior by (snow)storm!
Frozen JR. is based on the 2018 Broadway musical, and brings Elsa, Anna, and the magical land of Arendelle to life, onstage. The show features all of the memorable songs from the animated film, with music and lyrics by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, plus five new songs written for the Broadway production.
A story of true love and acceptance between sisters, Frozen JR. expands upon the emotional relationship and journey between Princesses Anna and Elsa. When faced with danger, the two discover their hidden potential and the powerful bond of sisterhood. With a cast of beloved characters and loaded with magic, adventure, and plenty of humor, Frozen JR. is sure to thaw even the coldest heart!
Frozen JR. is a 60 minute version of the Broadway hit, perfect for audiences of all ages.
CAST IS FULL! NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE WAITLIST
(BECAUSE OF OUR NEW FORMAT OF A 2-3 WEEK TRIAL PERIOD FOR EACH NEW CHILD, THERE WILL BE MOVEMENT IN THE CAST. PLEASE CONTINUE TO APPLY.)
Info you need to know
Rehearsals: Twice-weekly beginning Sunday, March 3, 2023.
Performances: June 15-16, 2024
Performance Location: Diana Wortham Theatre, 18 Biltmore Ave, Asheville, NC 28801
Rehearsal Schedule: Sundays 1:00pm-6:00pm and Fridays 4:00pm-7:00pm; however, all kids will NOT be required at every rehearsal. Ensemble members will be called much less often than lead roles.
Holiday Time Off: No rehearsal March 31 in observance of Easter
Rehearsal Location: South Asheville, NC
Auditions: For role placement only; dance and vocal auditions will be held on March 10. Callbacks are March 15. Information about auditions will be emailed or can be found on AJT’s website.
Fees: Full payment is due on the first day of rehearsals and is non-refundable. No refunds are given for any reason whatsoever, even if your junior actor does not get their desired role. A non-refundable deposit of $100 will hold each child’s spot until rehearsals begin.
New This Show
AJT is adding a trial period for all actors in the first two to three weeks of rehearsals so that we can ensure that all of our cast is a good fit for our theater company and AJT is for them as well. Because our experience is far more than typical junior theater, we have high expectations of our actors. Some examples of what we expect is for children to be able to focus on a task at hand, keep their hands off other cast members, not destroy equipment, show respect to directors while they are talking and more. Cast members must be able to exercise self-control and maturity. If the directors determine that AJT might not be the best fit, we will refund your tuition, minus a non-refundable $100 deposit. While applying, please be honest and share any possible reasons that your child may struggle with behavioral issues, learning disabilities or social challenges because we are trying to make this experience positive for everyone involved.
- Ages 8-18 are welcome to Apply for the show. Not every child will be given a spot in our cast.
- There is a mandatory parent meeting from 1:00-2:00pm on Sunday, March 3. All fees and paperwork will be collected following the meeting at 2:00pm.
- Two scheduled absences are allowed and strictly adhered to; tech and dress rehearsals are MANDATORY during show week (beginning at 1:00pm).
- Rehearsal times for the two weeks prior to the show are TBD and kids must be available to rehearse EVERY DAY, if necessary.
- We require a minimum of 10 hours of volunteer time per family over the three months for your child to be in the show. Don’t have the time? Opt out for $300 so that we can hire help. If you have not volunteered for at least 10 hours by show week, we will charge you the opt-out fee automatically.
- Each family is responsible for selling/buying one advertisement for our Playbill and helping to spread the word about ticket sales.
- Each family is expected to volunteer during show week for load-in, as a dressing room attendant, in hair/make up, as stage crew, or as an usher, etc. All families are asked to stay after the final show for load-out.
- We are not just another junior theater company, but we strive to be the best! Being a part of Asheville Junior Theater is a commitment. We require all kids to practice dances, songs and lines at home.
- We reserve the right to change the show date/theater if mask mandates come back to WNC or if rehearsals are stopped due to illness.
- Check out our FAQs.
- MINI CO (ages 4-7): Classes are 12-1:00pm from March 10-May 26. Learn more on our Programs page.
$25 Application Fee per Family
Main Company $450
- three+ months of rehearsal time with two rehearsals per week and day-long rehearsals closer to performance time
- performance video, professional photos of dress rehearsal, a script to keep, access to performance tracks and more.
This price works out to less than $3 per hour!!! *Costumes will be provided for use in this musical but are the property of AJT.
Mini Company $195
- one hour practice per week before the Main Company’s rehearsal
This group will focus on introducing kids to movement, choreography and singing with theater games and repetition. The Mini Company helps kids develop confidence and provides the foundation necessary to step on the big stage once they get older.
Help Give the Gift of Theater
We’re honored to have donors who support our mission! Because of the generous support of people in our community, we’re able to offer financial aid to families in critical need.
There are two ways to give: a one-time donation or a monthly recurring gift.